How we treat our skin can have a major impact on our overall health. The body’s largest organ, our skin is incredibly porous and absorbent. Mountains of research show that toxic chemicals can be drawn through the skin and transferred into the bloodstream, causing concerning long-term damage.
A big reason why we chose homemade, glycerin-based natural soap was to provide our customers with safer, more nourishing cleansing and body care options. Each bar is artisan handmade which maintains the integrity of the nutrients, essential oils and vitamins in our soap.
Most conventional, over-the-counter “soaps” are actually compacted detergents stripped of any natural benefits. According to the FDA, to be regulated as “soap,” the “alkali salts of fatty acids” must be the only material that results in the product’s cleaning action.
If the product contains synthetic detergents, it’s a cosmetic, not a soap. Now more than ever, it’s imperative to educate ourselves on the products we use. In the spirit of transparency, here are 10 Reasons You Should Make The Switch To Handmade Natural Soaps.
- Only 100% Pure Essential Oils: Packed with antibacterial, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and other health-promoting properties, pure essential oils clean the skin while adding valuable nutrients.
- Don’t Do Detergent: Why on earth would anyone choose a cosmetic to cleanse over soap? Not only do detergent soaps mask odor more than clean, they often irritate and dehydrate the skin.
- Think pH Levels: Important for maintaining the skin’s natural barrier, the pH is around 9-10 for a natural bar soap. That level is naturally alkaline, making the soap a gentler and a more effective cleanser. The inclusion of shea butter and essential oils in our soap nourishes and moisturizes to maintain the skin’s natural pH levels.
- Just Say “No” To Chemicals: Antibacterial “soap” typically contains triclosan, along with numerous other harmful chemicals (including parabens, petrochemicals, and sodium laureth sulphate).Studies have found that triclosan may disrupt human hormones and damage the reproductive system. Also, it doesn’t actually kill more germs than natural soap!
- Our Little Planet: The very same toxic chemicals in OTC “soap” that harms our bodies is also causing serious damage the Earth. Because of vast use in conventional body care, dangerous chemicals are commonly found in rivers, oceans, and lakes.
- Animal Friends: Instead of eliciting required animal testing because of the chemicals used in OTC “soap,” our natural soap is entirely cruelty-free. The Just Imagine team never produces products that we haven’t personally tested on own human bodies.
- Rich Lather: Creamy and silkening, nature’s ingredients make for much richer suds than synthetics used in OTC “ soap.”
- Silkier Skin: The cold compact soap method keeps all of the nourishing ingredients intact which help prevent dry, itchy skin while actively moisturizing the skin.
- Aroma Everywhere: Anyone experienced with essential oils can tell you the overwhelming benefits of aromatherapy and the quality of EO aroma vs. synthetic fragrances. Not only will you smell amazing, your shower (or kitchen) will feel like a tranquil spa.
- Glycerin Goodness: Although it might look like a scary word, Glycerin can have a wonderfully transformative effect on the skin. Plant fats naturally contain about 8-13% Glycerin, which helps the skin maintain moisture hours after you wash. Our cold-compact method ensures that the Glycerin binds with the soap molecules to keep the skin supple and without residue.